The time came when I’m leaving my old site so I must choose where to publish my articles. I have created a blog at blogger.com, but I’m not still decided, which place is the best for me. My requirements are:
- have third level blog domain name (honyczek.domain.tld),
- can make backup of my articles,
- site without advertisements,
- enough of disk space (although there is a time of Google Drive, Rapidshare, etc. it is not so necessary),
- nice design,
- option to publish articles from my cell phone’s browser/app.
There are some popular local blogging services like webnode.com, blog.cz or idnes.cz, but I wasn’t sure with communities around them. They doesn’t fit to my site topics.
For example, I’m fan of Free and Open Source Software and Linux, so I could to choose one of (local) linux communities like root.cz, abclinuxu.cz. But sometimes I write about Microsoft world too. So it would not be ideal. The next thing is that I would have a tendency to lead myself to have a perfect form of articles. So it would end with a lot of drafts and none articles. (I’ve been still writing an article for linuxexpres.cz for more than one year)
Now I’m trying to choose by publishing some articles on a few blogging platfoms and collect my impressions and tips from my readers.
Do you have any recommendations or tips for me?